Friday, July 18, 2008

July 18, 2008

Kyrah has had some big moments the past week. Lately, she has learned to clap her hands by herself. She would beat them together but with closed fist, now she has her hands open - like a real clap and she will do it when we say "yeah". Well - will sometimes do it. She also has been eating more solid foods - mainly at the baby sitters. I know she had real green beans and french fries yesterday and last week they gave her a snickerdoodle cookie. I don't mind the green beans, but I am going to try to keep her away from the sweets.

She is no closer to crawling. She will pick her belly up off the floor now but doesn't get anywhere. She will scoot backwards when she is on her belly and raises her self up, but I don't think she means to do it, it just happens based on physics.

She has grown a strong attachment to me and Daddy. She will prefer us to anyone else, but doesn't have a prefernce between the two of us. I think that is good. Daddy of course gets to spend time with her when he picks her up from day care around 4:30 until I come home around 6 or 6:30, then I get her so she gets a good mix of both of us.

Her eyes still have not changed all the way. The middle look to be a green/brown ish color but the outsides are still the blue/grey from birth. I am still hoping for green eyes like Daddy but either way they will be beautiful.

And Kyrah's biggest moment this past week was on the 12th when she turned 8 months old. She weighed 17.6 lbs.

No comments: