Tuesday, June 2, 2009

London Bridges

One of Kyrah's favorite games is playing our version of London Bridges. She runs under Daddy's legs. She will go under mine as well, but she just fits perfect under Daddy's legs, I have to lift my leg for her to run under. Here we are at Brett's graduation party. Brett is Dennis' 2nd cousin but in Dennis speak he is like a nephew.

Kyrah loves her Daddy!
She has been a lot of fun at this age. She is saying more words like nose and kitty cat. She is so sweet with the twins. When one of the babies is laying on the floor or in the bouncer she will lay her head down on them and try to give them hugs, or she will kiss their heads. She is also very concerned when they cry and tries to put the pacifier in their mouth and she gets it in most of the time, but she tries to shove it in which is a little rough for the twins. When she hears them cry or talk she has to go see what they are doing. Lately she has also wanted to hold the babies and will sit on the floor and clap her hands and hold them out for me to put a baby in her hands. Then when I do she squeezes them like she can't get close enough to them.
Kyrah is loving summer. She likes wearing shorts and walking around outside barefoot, although she doesn't run in the grass much, stays on the driveway mainly.
Here is Broden getting his diaper changed with his lovey next to him. Also wearing the cutie outfit from Fie -thank you very much Fie!


And Miss Raya looking up at Mommy while playing on the floor.


Raya and Broden are both doing very well. They sleep through the night most nights. Last night he woke up at 12:30 then at 7 am. Raya slept from 8 pm to 6 am. Raya is still at 5 ounces and Broden is at 4 to 4.5 ounces. They like to lay on the floor and play and both of them will stay on tummy time for a good 10 minutes before they get upset. Broden is such a smiler and Raya is catching on to that too. They both like to grab on to blankets or shirts now.
Yesterday June 1st I had my first day back at work. I am working Monday, Wednesday and Thursday for June and July, then intend to go back full time in August, but we will see how that goes. They got a good report from day-care, but it doesn't look like they slept much, or at least not a very long nap at a time. I am sure they need time to adjust to the new enviroment and noises. The baby room and 1 year old room are joining with only a little bar type divider so it gets lound.

2 comments:

Krissy said...

They're all three so cute! And that's great that they are sleeping so well.

Hope work works out -- at least you get three days off in a row. I'm off on Monday's so I love my long weekends! I worked three days my first couple of months back and that was great. If it were up to me, I would probably just be doing the three days still, but there is that little thing called "money"...

Christie & Roger said...

Wow, Raya is quite the sleeper! That's awesome! Even Broden is doing very well, although I'm sure it's still hard to get up and go into work after being up in the middle of the night. That will only get easier hopefully!
I can't believe how big they both are. I guess they are only 'newborns' for a few more days - I read that three months is the cut off.