Wednesday, June 24, 2009

chalk and water

What happens when you mix sidewalk chalk and water??? You get a paint type of mixture that gets everywhere as Kyrah can demonstrate in these photos...





Most of our evenings and weekend time are spent outside typically near a baby pool or sprinkler to try to cool off. Kyrah loves it and it keeps her entertained for a long time. After the chalk/paint mess I had to give Kyrah a bath in the middle of the day to get the stuff off. Her she is in her cute halter shirt with Lydia. Notice all the baby equipment in the background - yep not much space left for walking.


Kyrah is doing great. Her latest accomplishment is putting two words together. She says "want that". I don't think she has actually said "I want that" but sometimes it sounds like she puts the I in it. I am just happy she is getting to the phrase part. She is still wearing size 12month closes - esp pants, she can wear 18 month shirts, but they are a bit big. She just has not grown much in the past 6-7 months, at least not in size. Her looks have changed drastically. I looked at a 12 month photo of her as seen here

And now look at her at 19 months. Her hair is so much longer and she has that toddler look rather then the baby look. Such a change!

I am working on my 4th of July holiday cards. Here is a sneak peak of the twins photo. So cute!

I had two different outfits for them for the 4th. The one pictured above with the stars and just red and white out fits as below. I like the stars better but this was probably picture 50. I started out with them in the red and white so they were smiling at the beginning, by photo 50 the smiles were pretty hard to come by.
And a little extra cuteness from Broden. It is official now. They both laugh out loud. It is super adorable. I will have to have Christie teach me how to put video on the blog.

Broden went to the doctor today. He has been struggling with this bad cough for the past week. He coughs so hard he throws up his food. So the doc said it was just a cold, but he will be on amoxicillan to help. But at the appointment he weighed in at 13 lbs and 23 inches. So that means Raya is probaby 15 to 16 lbs. I just can't believe how fast they grow. He still is in 0-3 month clothes but they are starting to get a bit small. Raya has been in 3-6 since the day she turned 3 months and probably should have moved up before that.
I actually dressed them alike this weekend. This is the first time they had on the same outfit. Usually they just cooridnate with matching outfits. But the onsie is gender neutral so it worked out well.

No comments: