Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Best Comment Ever

I have to write this down so my niece Lydia will know about this years from now. She is 9 years old (soon to be 10 on July 4th) and is in the 4th grade. Last week in school, the 4th grade girls were shown the puberty movie and had a discussion with the nurse. Last night she was talking with her Mom and her brother lost a tooth, somehow Lydia asked her Mom if there was a toothfairy. Tina decided to tell the truth and said no there is not a tooth fairy, me and your Dad put the money under your pillow. Lydia's next comment was...

" Well great, I have eggs and there is no tooth fairy!" Somehow the thing that stuck with her from the puberty movie was that she has eggs and her whole world crashed down on her when the last of the make believe character was proven false. It was a tough lesson for Lydia last night. But has provided me with hours of laughter over her comment.

No comments: