Monday, March 1, 2010

End of February Update

I am sorry I do not have any new pictures. With tax season getting busy, I just have not had a chance to snap pics or blog. But with the big milestone from the weekend, I could not let it pass without at least telling everyone. Broden is officially walking!! This kid has been doing this 4-5 steps from object to object or people to people and yes that is walking, but I consider it official walking when he does it on his own without being coaxed. On Saturday, he would walk around the room on his own. He spent an hour throwing a beach ball, walking over to it, picking it up and throwing it again...repeat....He seems to have gotten his Daddy's athletic ability. I am still waiting for the first tooth to appear for him. It seems crazy that he still doesn't have any teeth, but I do not want to rush the teething pain and bad nights either. Broden is a great eater - actually most days it seems like you can't feed him enough and he hasn't found anything he doesn't like yet. He also likes to make faces. Last month his favorite thing was shaking his entire head similar to when a dog shakes water off it fur. This month he likes to scrunch his lips up as if he were saying "eewwwww" - not sure that description gives it justice, but it is the best I can come up with. Sometimes I call it his Elvis look, like when Elvis did his lip curl. He loves to climb and be played rough with (thank you Daddy). He is still pretty needy and always cries to be picked up. His sleeping has gotten much better and he pretty much sleeps through the night until 5:30 to 6 in the morning.

Raya is still doing the 4-5 steps inbetween things, although she will also take steps without being coaxed, but she can only do 4-5 max then plop down she goes. Her favorite game is still peek-a-boo and she loves to be tickled. She is a picky eater and a slow eater, but she is much better with a sippy cup. We are down to only one bottle a day and that is in the evening. They are 100% on whole milk, no more formula and WOW do we go through the milk. I wonder if formula would be cheaper sometimes! Raya seems to have a few words already. She has said MaMa and Bye Bye intentionally. And I swear she was trying to repeat me when I said "Thank You". Of course it was not that clear, but the inflection and general sounds made me think "thank you". The hardest thing with Raya is keeping stuff out of her mouth. That girl is a magnet for paper, tissues, and generally anything on the floor.
Kyrah is learning everyday. She is not reading as many books as she used to. Actually, now she likes to read them herself and will sit in her room and look at the books where before we would have to read them to her. She is also getting better at pretend. She "cooks" us food and plays pretend with her baby dolls. One of her favorite things to do is watch herself on videos on our phones or see her picture. She gets in and out of the tub all by herself (which I don't like at all!) She is still a Mommy's girl and if I am around usually I am the only one she wants or only I can do something for her. Which I actually love. She says she is excited for her new room, but of course she doesn't understand what that actually means. She has a fasination with band-aids and puts them on everything but an actual wound. She is also asking tons of questions. She always wants to know who's house that is when we drive by houses. I am running out of names to tell her. She also likes to sing and if she doesn't exactly remember the words, she knows what it should sound like an does a "uh un uh" or something like that.
All in all, everyone is relatively healthy and happy. We are getting very excited for better weather to get here so we can have outside time.

No comments: