Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Happy 5 months Old

On August 8th the twins turnd 5 months old. I can't even believe it has been 5 months. They are growing well. Broden went to the doctor last week and was 15 lbs 1 oz. Raya is probably around 18 lbs. They had a few big milestones this month. Broden started eating cereal and veggies in the evening. He has only tried squash so far, but seems to like it. Raya is trying to eat cereal. She still has her tongue reflex so she pushes the cereal and spoon out of her mouth. She just may not be ready yet so I am not pushing it too hard. Every evening I will try giving her cereal but if she doesn't take it I just let her have the bottle. Another big milestone is that both Raya and Broden are rolling over.They roll from back to belly. Neither one has rolled from belly to back which is funny since that is the easier way to go. A little picture of handsome Buddy. That is his nickname and what Kyrah calls him.

They are both very happy babies with smiles all the time. They both like to be lifted in the air like they are doing a superman. So they seem to be getting a few things similar. A little picture of Raya and her pink cheeks.
Raya is in 6-9 month clothes and even some of them are hard to get snapped around her legs. Broden is just now out of 0-3 month clothes. He was still wearing 0-3 if they didn't have feet in them. So he is officially in 3-6 month clothes now.

A little play time on the floor. They both like the exersaucer. We have moved away from the bouncer seats. We still have one out just to use as a place to put them when we need to get something done. They both love Baby Einstein videos.
They each have one of these toys and like it a lot. They are really good about grabbing toys and seem to like things that rattle.

This picture cracks me up. I can just seem them on a TV interview. "So there we was covering a hole in the bottom of the trailer with chicken wire so varments can't get in and keep me up all night. When all of a sudden I sees a big funnel cloud over the hill and I tells Raya we better get our britches off the clothes line 'for that storm plum carries them away."

4 comments:

Krissy said...

Cracking up over here at that last part your wrote -- you're crazy!!!!

I just want to pinch Raya's little red cheeks!

Michelle said...

They are both so cute! I can't believe they are already 5 months!

Christie & Roger said...

You crack me up! It's so amazing how fast they are growing - and how different they still are!

Amanda said...

They are getting soo big! I am glad to see that they are rolling around a little bit now. So excited for Broden to start eating squash... go him, I don't like it. Hopefully Raya starts eating more cereal. The look cute together.