Friday, April 24, 2009

Start of Summer

The weather has been wonderful this week. Although it is hard to dress for this weather - the morning starts out chilly then it warms up. So Thursday I dressed her in a long sleeve shirt and pants that I thought was thin enough that if it got hot it wouldn't be a big deal. Well this is what ended up happening at Grandma's house.

Now why she is riding around in a red cart is beyond me but it made her happy for a good 5 minutes so we just let her enjoy.


While Kyrah was running around getting into everything the twins hung out in their seats on a swing. They seem to like the fresh air and were sleeping pretty good.

Later that night we learned that Kyrah is no longer so gentle with the babies as she was at first. I think now that she is knows they are not going anywhere she is being a bit more aggressive. In the picture above it looks all nice and cute, but the next thing she did was try to shove their heads together. She is also starting to grab their hands or feet and will squeeze them - so far it hasn't been too hard or at least we have been able to stop her before the twins get hurt.
This has been a rough week for Kyrah - she was sent home from daycare on Tuesday with a fever of 102.3 - scarry. I took her to the doctor and she had the start of ear infections in both ears and a red throat so she was home from daycare Wed and Thursday. Her fever finally broke Thursday AM so I took her back to daycare today and then they call me and tell me she has a rash on her body and is so cranky. Luckily they kept her until 3:45 and Dennis came home a little after 4 so I didn't have all 3 by myself for too long. On Wed and Thursday morning I had all 3 for a few hours until my Mom came over and took Kyrah to her house. It is not easy, but it is doable. I think once the twins get on a better schedule (and by that I mean Broden) having all three around by myself will be easier. And once the twins can go in an exersaucer where I don't have to hold them all the time it will get better.
They are doing well. Both of them have had a congested nose for two weeks now. I took them to the doctor but she said it was just a small cold and to run a humidifier and to use saline drops.... not much help if you ask me and they still have it, but I know they are too little for most medicines.
I still only get about a 2 hour stretch of sleep at a time. We have started putting them in their crib in their room at night, but even if it is not my turn to get up to feed whichever is due, I still wake up when I hear them cry so not a very restful sleep, but I know it will not be forever.

No comments: