Friday, February 1, 2013

Welcom Barret & Hayes

I had one small false alarm around 36 weeks, but the babies held out until 38 weeks for their scheduled C-section. We went to St. Luke's Hospital on Tuesday August 21st to have our new babies. I suspect I was having some contractions that morning, but since they were coming out either way it really didn't matter. It was exciting to finally find out what we were having. I was sure they were going to be the same gender since they had been tracking on weight so evenly.  The doctor announced the first baby to be a boy and 2 minutes later out came our girl. Everything went very smoothly in the operating room. Barret Dennis Kreitler weigned 6 lbs 2 ozs, 19 inches long and Hayes Theresa was 6 lbs 3 ozs 19.5 inches long. Clearly Barret took his Daddy's name as his middle name. Hayes middle name is in honor of my Aunt Theresa who really was like my second mom growing up. I think I spent half of my childhood at her house. She is a great lady and all the grandkids really take to her. She has a special quality relating to kids.

The following pictures were taken at the hospital when they were three days old.





 My pretty little lady...









No comments: